S o m e o f t h e W a y s
SYMBOLON Is being Used Today
• Men’s & Women’s Groups: For groups of men and women within the parish to grow in the faith through study, discussion, prayer, and service.
• Bible Study Groups: To explore more the profound connections between the Sacred Scriptures and the teachings of the Catholic Church.
• RCIA: As a comprehensive overview of the Catholic faith that helps catechumens and candidates discover what it means to believe in and live out the Catholic faith.
• Before/After Masses: To enrich people’s understanding of the faith they profess and the mysteries of the liturgy in which they participate each Sunday.
• Advent & Lent: To enhance efforts for ongoing conversion, especially during the seasons of Advent and Lent
• Catechist Training: For those who teach the faith throughout the parish, to help them have a more complete and cohesive understanding of the Catholic faith and to help them express it more clearly to those whom they teach.
• Parent Sessions: To help parents fulfill their role as the first educators of their children in the faith, especially in preparation for Baptism, First Communion and Confirmation.
• Small Christian Communities: To deepen the growth of
parishioners as they participate in a variety of subgroups and apostolates within the parish.
• Families: As an in-home tool to help parents raise their children to be lifelong disciples of Jesus Christ.
• Individuals: As a resource for anyone who wants to understand the Catholic faith better and be equipped to live it out and explain it to others better.